Shares in embattled shopping centre owner CentroGroup shot up nearly 50% in morning trade today when the company announced a string of victories in discussions with the syndicate of bankers which hold the fate of the group in their hands.
Centro chief executive Glenn Rufrano also said it was his preference to stay on at Centro as its boss beyond January when his formal contract runs out. He said he was keen to manage the company as it stabilises and begins to reorganise its corporate structure assuming its debt problems are eventually solved.
Centro said today that its US lending group had further extended facilities of $US1.3 billion ($1.5 billion) associated with Centro's joint venture with CentroTrust until December 15.
- September 15, 2008, Centro's Deal Collapses
- September 10, 2008, Centro Cancels Mall Sale
- August 21, 2008, Centro Posts $299M Loss
- July 16, 2008, Centro Clears Minor Hurdle With First Asset Sale
- July 1, 2008, Centro to Sell Five Australian Malls
- May 29, 2008, Report: Centro Close to Big Sale
- May 14, 2008, Centro's Shield
- May 9, 2008, Centro Reaches Debt Agreement, Shares Surge
- April 3, 2008, Centro Takeover Rumors Cause Share Surge
- April 1, 2008, Centro Clears a Hurdle
- Feb. 29, 2008, Report: Blackstone, GE, Mulpha, Mirvac Bidding for Centro.
- Feb. 28, 2008, Centro Shares Surge
- Feb. 15, 2008, Centro Wins Extension
- Jan. 15, 2008, Scott Out, Rufrano In at Centro
- Jan. 10, 2008, Daily Centro Update
- Jan. 9, 2008, UBS Cuts Stake in Centro
- Jan. 3, 2008, Centro: Morgan Stanley, Westfield Have Approached Firm
- Jan. 2, 2008, Centro Says Its Getting Offers
- Dec. 18, 2007, Another Round of Centro Coverage
- Dec. 17, 2007, Centro Hit by Credit Crunch