Want more proof that the commercial real estate sector is on the way to recovery? Nasdaq.com reports that Todd Maclin, head of commercial banking with J.P. Morgan Chase, wants to increase the bank's lending on CRE assets. Maclin's conservative stance on CRE lending in the mid-2000s helped protect J.P. Morgan Chase from the fallout when the sector crashed in 2008 and 2009.
For moreon retail and retail real estate, follow the links below:
- Sbarro Files for Bankruptcy (The New York Times)
- Architecture Firm Billings Increase Slightly in February (AIA)
- Lights Out for Mall Tenant (The Wall Street Journal)
- More on Possible Eddie Lampert/Sears Holdings Buyout Candidates (seekingalpha.com)
- Westfield Doubles Bets on London With Europe's Largest Urban Shopping Mall (Bloomberg)