Via Milwaukee's TMJ4.
Mayfair Mall will extend Saturday shopping hours to 9 p.m. starting Saturday and is loosening restrictions on teens in the mall.
As of Friday, the weekend teen curfew will pushed back to 3 p.m. The mall has been requiring unescorted children under 18 to leave the center by 2 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. In addition, the parental guidance requirement will allow a responsible adult to accompany any number of children 10 and under, and up to four children between 11 and 17.
Mall manager Steve Smith said the success of the parental guidance program has allowed the mall to make the adjustments.
Update: Teens in Florida launch a petition against a proposed curfew there.
For previous entries on mall curfews:
- July 26, The Curfew Bandwagon Expands
- June 29, Another Take on Mall Curfews
- May 25, Monitoring Mallrats
- May 22, Heard on the Floor
- April 25, More on Curfews
- April 5, Everyone's Noticing Mall Curfews