SKOKIE, ILL.—The Missner Group has completed construction on a 57,550-sq.-ft. property for McGrath Acura oflocated at 1301 N. Elston Avenue. It is the first Acura dealership in the City of Chicago.
Located along the North branch of the Chicago River, the site for the new McGrath Acura underwent extensive renovations and included the addition of a new Acura service center, parts department and car wash. The service center features three drive-in service lanes and 21 service bays. The Missner Group also built-out seven glass-enclosed, privatefor the service manager and advisors.
In addition, a 10,550-sq.-ft. addition to the facility was constructed, which includes a new car showroom,reception area and mezzanine with a catwalk.
improvements were incorporated, including installation of a vegetative roof and use of permeable pavers in the parking lot, which are designed to allow for storm water management in keeping with the City of Chicago’s best management practices.
Judd and Glen Missner were the principals overseeing the project. Jess Knigge was the firm’s project executive and Drue Stohr was the senior project manager. Architectural services were provided by Balay Architects.