NEW JERSEY—The LeFrak Organization has recently signed nine new and renewal leaseat 111 Town Square Place in Newport, N.J. The long-term leases, totaling 62,440 sq. ft., included a variety of companies from the financial, transportation and tech sectors.
“activity has been robust, due in part to Jersey City’s healthy, low vacancy market, as well as our prime waterfront location across from the PATH station, which top-tier companies have been gravitating towards from both Manhattan and New Jersey,” said Marylou Berk, senior vice president and head of commercial real estate at the LeFrak Organization. “We have been working in conjunction with Cushman & Wakefield, specifically Barry Zeller, Robert Rudin, Ed Duenas and Dave DeMatteis, who have added value to our marketing and leasing strategy for 111 Town Square Place.”
A few of the transactions at 111 Town Square Place included:
• 27,915 sq. ft. for Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP), a not-for-profit membership association for risk managers. GARP was represented by Coldwell Banker Commercial Executive Vice President Peter Wisniewski.
• 15,557 sq. ft. for Hartfield, Titus & Donnelly, a municipal bondfirm. The company was represented in the transaction by Peter Sabesan, co-founding partner of Coldwell Banker Commercial Hunter Realty.
• 7,303 sq. ft. of a renewal and expansion for Stagnito Media, a leading publisher of digital magazines, websites and e-newsletters. Stagnito Media was represented by Cushman & Wakefield’s David DeMatteis and Marc Trevisan.
• 3,215 sq. ft. for West Legend Corporation, a logistics and distribution supplier to home improvement retailers, contractors and manufacturers. West Legend was represented by Jones Lang LaSalle Senior Vice President Aaron Ellison.
• 3,015 sq. ft. for Select Transportation Corporation (STC), a commercial freight transportation specialist. STC was represented in-house during the transaction.
Totaling 500,000 sq. ft. of Class Aspace, 111 Town Square Place is comprised of 15 stories and offers pre-built as well as furnished suites.