NEW JERSEY—In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, Coastal Specified Products, a leading construction products representative, and Solis Partners, a turnkey solar power and energy services provider for commercial properties, have announced a post-hurricane roof inspection and funding program.
Commercial building owners and operators are able to receive a free assessment of their rooftops from Coastal and Solis. Coastal and Solis will evaluate how solar and EPAct, (Energy Policy Act) incentives, combined with roof remediation work, can provide an opportunity to increase net operating incomes and trigger tax deductions for commercial property owners.
The initiative provides owners and managers:
• A review of roof conditions
• Identification of any remedial roof work required to secure the building envelope
• Determination if the building is a suitable host for a solar energy generation system
• Assessment of potential energy efficient-lighting upgrade options
• Summary of potential operating cost reductions and eligible tax deductions