BROOKLYN—Industry City plans to bolster its infrastructure to pave the way for potential Tier 3center tenants.
The site, which features an abundance of large floor plates and a location close to Manhattan, major roads and public transportation, can accommodate the data infrastructure users such as datacenter space and services, business continuity space and services in addition to related office requirements.
Additionally, this initiative aims to expand upon the complex’s preexisting roster of Tier 1 and 2 data center occupants already using the FiberMedia Datacenter in place.
Features assisting the Tier 3 upgrade include:
• Structural characteristics with 200 pounds per sq. ft. minimum live loads
• Cast-in-place slabs that don’t require drop ceilings
• Solid building typology with appropriate column grids and clearance with sufficient ceiling heights
• Diverse shaft space and mechanical areas for data infrastructure redundancy
• Additional 30 megawatts of on-site utility power fed from two grids
• Tiered security with guarded property entrance, plus datacenter entrance access
• Adequate roof space to floor area ratio for increasing rooftop mechanical equipment requirements for cooling.
Industry City at Bush Terminal is a complex of manufacturing, office and retail space on the Brooklyn waterfront.