- Denville, N.J. — Malvern, Pa.-based IMC Construction recently broke ground on The Shoppes at Union Hill, a 90,000-sq.-ft. lifestyle center. Developed by Columbus, Ohio-based Stanbury Development, the center's tenant lineup includes Gap, AnnTaylor Loft and Banana Republic.
- Raleigh, N.C. — Phase II of 750,000-sq.-ft. community center Brier Creek Commons is under development by AAC Real Estate Services Inc. The center's second phase will be a 248,935-sq.-ft. lifestyle center anchored by Eastern Federal Theater and is due for completion in spring 2003.
- St. Louis — Westfield Shoppingtown West County, under redevelopment since January 2002, will reopen this September with more than 1.2 million sq. ft including the state's first Nordstrom, flagship Famous-Barr and Lord & Taylor stores and a renovated JCPenney. Owned and managed by Westfield America, the $232 million project will also feature an 85,000-sq.-ft. Galyan's Trading Co., 175 new specialty shops, three new parking structures and a new food court.
- Pasadena, Calif. — The Shops on Lake Avenue, a 334,766-sq.-ft. open-air center being developed by Providence, R.I.-based Starwood Wasserman LLC, is due for completion this November. The center, built around a renovated, 132,000-sq.-ft. Macy's, will feature art deco and tenants such as Borders. Three new retail buildings plus a three level parking structure are being built around the freestanding Macy's.
- St. Augustine, Fla. — Spring 2003 will see the grand opening of Cobblestone Village at St. Augustine, a 305,000-sq.-ft. power center being developed by Chattanooga, Tenn.-based CBL & Associates Properties Inc. Beall's, Publix, Ross Dress For Less, Michael's, Bed Bath & Beyond and Pier 1 Imports have signed on as tenants.
- Atlanta — North American Properties announced plans for its first grocery-anchored center, to be built in suburban Forsyth County. Publix will anchor the Main-Street-style center. Called Cruse Marketplace, it will include 32,000 sq. ft. of shop space and five outparcels.
For more shoppingcenterworld.com.Digest, visit our website at