- Pittsburgh — Continental Real Estate Cos. of Columbus, Ohio, will develop the $200 million, 25-acre, mixed-use North Shore complex between Pittsburgh's two new stadiums, Heinz Field and PNC Park. The project will include 200,000 sq. ft. of retail and restaurant space, to be completed by 2008.
- Atlantic City, N.J. — Park Place on the Boardwalk is the latest development of Gordon Group Holdings LLC of New York. The $80 million themed entertainment center, based on the Monopoly board game, will occupy the boardwalk's historic Million Dollar Pier and will be connected by a skybridge to Caesars casino. The project breaks ground in early 2003, with grand opening set for Spring 2004.
- Chattanooga, Tenn. — CBL & Associates recently broke ground on The Shoppes at Hamilton Place, a 130,000-sq.-ft. community center adjacent to the developer's new corporate headquarters. The project, which opens in Spring 2003, will be anchored by Marshall's, Bed Bath & Beyond and an as-yet-unnamed third big-box retailer.
- Keene, N.H. — Construction is underway on Phase I of Monadnock Marketplace, a 130,000-sq.-ft., Home Depot-anchored center being developed by Farmington, Conn.-based Konover & Associates. Phase I is scheduled for completion in Fall 2003. Phase II of the project will include a 250,000-sq.-ft. power center.
- Los Angeles — Hollywood & Vine, a $125 million mixed-use redevelopment project including 90,000 sq. ft. of retail and 300 luxury apartment units, is under development by Santa Monica, Calif.-based Bond Capital. Beverly Hills, Calif.-based Magic Johnson Development Corp. and Canyon Capital Realty Advisors are financing the project along with the California State Teachers' Retirement System. Bed Bath & Beyond and Borders have both signed on as anchors.
- St. Louis — The suburb of Hazelwood, Mo., will be home to the latest super-regional center from Arlington, Va.-based The Mills Corp. The developer recently broke ground on St. Louis Mills, a $250 million, 1.1 million-sq.-ft. value megamall. Set to open in Fall 2003, the center will feature 18 anchors and 200 specialty retailers.
→ For more Development Digest, visit our website at shoppingcenterworld.com.