In Lodging Hospitality's first ever online poll to determine the readers' choice for favoriteAwards winner, the tiny Padre Hotel in Bakersfield, CA took top honors.
The 112-room boutique hotel designed by Graham Downesearned 1,539 votes and edged the Ritz-Carlton Hotel & Residences and the JW Marriott at LA Live with 40.3% of the vote. The LA Live project from Gensler and Barry Design Associates was at 35% with 1,339 votes.
In total, 3,819 votes were cast since the poll debuted on April 19 and the complete results are listed below. Keep an eye out for a follow-up story on the Padre Hotel in the coming weeks. Read about all five Design Award winners here, and follow the links to see photo galleries of each.
1. Padre/ Bakersfield, CA 40.3% (1,539 votes)
2. Ritz-Carlton Hotel & Residences and the JW Marriott at LA Live 35.06% (1,339 votes)
3. Fairmont Pittsburgh 16.63% (635 votes)
4. InterContinentalTimes Square 5.76% (220 votes)
5. Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas 2.25% (86 votes)
Total Votes: 3,819