Last month, NREI introduced the 18 inaugural members of our Sustainability Board of Advisors. Today, as we celebrate Earth Day 2013, we are pleased to announce the addition of six more esteemed leaders to the board.
Our diverse board includes figures from the around the nation representing some of the largest and influential commercial real estate owners and leaders from the industry’s trade associations. The board members are blazing a trail for the entire commercial real estate industry on establishing best practices, building new structures with the most advanced green materials and techniques and optimizing existing building and in the process delivering positive return on.
In the coming weeks and months, our board will share with you their insights and observations on implementing green real estate strategies in a series of SL Green’s Jay Black commented in our last newsletter and Hines’ Gary Holtzer is included in this edition.). (
We invite our readers from throughout the commercial real estate and share your ideas about sustainability with us and our Sustainability Board of Advisors.industries to grow with us at Green Real Estate Strategies. Please meet these innovative leaders and learn why they are committed to incorporating sustainability into their organizations and
The new additions to the board include:
- John E. “Chip” Akridge III, founder and chairman, Akridge
- Stuart Brodsky, founder and former leader, Energy Star Program; professor, NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate; co-chair, Urban Land Institute-New York’s Sustainable Buildings Council; member, BOMA ’s Energy and Environment Rapid Response Team
- Charles B. “Chuck” Leitner III, chairman, Greenprint Center for Building Performance; chairman, Strategic Value Partners Real Estate
- Alan D. Levy, chairman, Tishman International Cos.
- Joyce Mihalik, vice president of energy services, Forest City Enterprises
- Nicholas Stolatis, senior director, global sustainability and enterprise initiatives, TIAA-CREF
Happy Earth Day!
—Jonathan A. Schein, Practice Leader, National Real Estate Investor/NREIonline.com and Penton Sustainability Initiative; and Susan Piperato, Editor, Green Real Estate Strategies and Managing Editor, National Real Estate Investor/NREIonline.com