ROCKLEIGH, NJ—Spectra Laboratories has signed a newand expansion at Rockleigh Corporate Center at 8 King Road in Rockleigh, N.J. The tenants will expand its U.S. headquarters from 107,000 sq. ft. to 191,000 sq. ft. for the duration of a 15-year term.
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank’s Frank Recine, executive managing director, and Blake Goodman, managing director, assisted by David Simson, COO and vice chairman ofoperations, spearheaded the project. The owner, Boston-based Marcus Partners, plans to expand and retrofit the property to accommodate Spectra’s long-term needs.
“We worked on this requirement for more than three years, with a site search that included New Jersey, New York and North Carolina,” said Recine. “Spectra was close to moving to another location after our team’s careful analysis of the variousand the potential incentives, but opted to expand at its existing location and retrofit the headquarters facility.
Spectra Laboratories, a wholly owned subsidiary of FreseniusCare North America, will use 60 percent of its space for offices with the remaining 40 percent slated as lab space.
Totaling 194,000 sq. ft., Rockleigh Corporate Center is comprised of two buildings and is located in close proximity to the Palisades Parkway and Interstate 87 in Northern Bergen County.