BROOKLYN, NY – In a new twist on the traditional commercial real estate conference, this year’s Massey Knakal Brooklyn Real Estate Summit will turn its focus on tenants. Scheduled for September 17, 2013 at Stage 6 Steiner Studios, tenants will take the stage alongside 40-plus top real estate executives to offer their insight into why retailers, office tenants and renters love Brooklyn, and how owners can harness these insights to get deals done.
More than 500 executives in real estate, tech, retail and more will convene to discuss what is happening in the borough. The themes for this year’s summit include: Multifamily development, tech entrepreneurship—the new Silicon Alley, emerging neighborhoods, private-public partnerships, and restaurant and retail development.
“This is an excellent opportunity for owners of Brooklyn properties to network with tenants looking to move into the borough,” said Rob DiBiase, executive managing director at Massey Knakal. “This will be the pre-eminent event for Brooklynites—both tenants and owners—to discover the retail and entertainment trends in the works for Brooklyn and how they will affect the pricing of real estate.”
This year, new programming has been added to the event, taking the conference to a whole new level in its fourth year. In a special tribute, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz will be honored as the first recipient of the Massey Knakal Lifetime Achievement Award for his service to New York City. And attendees will be treated to an exclusive, invite-only afterparty hosted by Massey Knakal, featuring The Wailers, Bob Marley’s former band.
Featured speakers at the Massey Knakal Brooklyn Real Estate Summit include:
- Joseph Sitt, CEO, Thor Equities
- MaryAnne Gilmartin, CEO, Forest City Ratner
- Jeffrey Levine, Chairman, Douglaston Development
- Kathy Self, Chief Real Estate Officer, Brooks Brothers
- Andrew Kimball, CEO, Brooklyn Navy Yards Development Corporation
- Jonathan Butler, founder, Brownstoner.com & The Brooklyn Flea
- Tucker Reed, president, Downtown Brooklyn Partnership
- Jed Walentas, principal, Two Trees
- Jenny Lawton, president, MakerBot
- Phillip Gilmour, founder, Momo Sushi Shack
- Aaron Lefkove, founder, Little Neck and The Pines
- Daniel Miller, co-founder, FundRise
- Don Tallerman, president, Online Marketing Group
- Andrew Barrocas, CEO, MNS
- Dave Maundrell, president, aptsandlofts.com
- Ilana Schwartz, COO, Online Marketing Group
On the agenda for the Massey Knakal Brooklyn Real Estate Summit is:
- On the Grounds of Brooklyn: Brooklyn Real Estate Market Overview
- Standing Up for Brooklyn:Keynote Conversation Interviewee: Joseph Sitt, founder, Thor Equities
- Food Glorious Food:Restaurant and Grocery Development in Brooklyn
- Maneuvering the Tech Triangle:Office Trends and Tenants
- Let’s Go to the Mall:Retail Power Panel
- Anything but Williamsburg:What Neighborhoods are Really Emerging
- Bringing Down the House:Multifamily Development in Brooklyn
- The Land of Plenty: Public-Private Partnerships
- The Massey Knakal University Lifetime Achievement Award Presented to:Marty Markowitz, President, Borough of Brooklyn
- The Innovation Economy and the Future of Brooklyn,Presented by: Downtown Brooklyn Partnership
- Living for the City:Brooklyn Power Owners Panel
"The innovation economy is exploding in Brooklyn, and key investments from the public and private sector are supporting this growth," said Andrew Kimball, director of innovation economy initiatives at Jamestown Properties, who will be speaking on the “Living for the City: Brooklyn Power Owners” panel. “The Massey Knakal Brooklyn Real Estate Summit will be an excellent opportunity to learn what’s next for the borough from those who have a stake in its success.”
To purchase tickets for the Massey Knakal Brooklyn Real Estate Summit, please visit www.mkbrooklynsummit.com. For up-to-the-minute news and to connect with fellow attendees, please join the Massey Knakal Brooklyn Real Estate Summit group on LinkedIn.
To inquire about speaking opportunities at the conference, please contact Greenpearl Event’s Clare Kelly at email@example.com. Companies interested in sponsoring the Massey Knakal Brooklyn Real Estate Summit should contact Greenpearl Event’s Abel Devis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Headquartered in New York City’s “Silicon Alley,” GreenPearl Events produces thought-leadership conferences in Commercial Real Estate, Retail and Finance across the United States.GreenPearl works closely with partners to create “private label” events that put partners first and provide massive business development opportunities and public relations. The company was co-founded by Ryan Slack, Mark Schacknies and Nima Negahban. Slack, a successful entrepreneur and marketer who co-founded PropertyShark and led it for its first four years of business as the CEO before its eventual sale to Yardi, leads GreenPearl Events as its CEO. For more information on GreenPearl, please visit www.greenpearl.com.
About Massey Knakal Realty Services:
Massey Knakal is a diversified real estate company, exclusively representing owners in the sale, retail lease and/or financing of their properties. With over 150 employees, four offices and thorough coverage of the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester County, Long Island and New Jersey, Massey Knakal Realty Services dominates the New York metropolitan area's property transaction marketplace. Since 1988, the company’s agents have closed over 4,500 transactions having a market value in excess of $17 billion. For more information on Massey Knakal, please visit www.masseyknakal.com.