- John Birnbaum is the new senior director at New York-based brokerage firm Robert K. Futterman & Associates. Birnbaum will focus on tenant and landlord representation in Long Island.
- Barry Schain, former president of Wabash Associates, is the new managing principal for Chicago-based Next Realty LLC. Schain will play a key role in expanding the firm's buyer representation capabilities to include big-box and entertainment retail.
- Dallas-based P.O'B. Montgomery & Co. named David Irwin vice president of asset management and development. Irwin, who previously served in real estate positions with retailers Staples and Safeway, will open and head the firm's new Seattle office.
- Michael Dougherty recently joined Cypress Equities, the development/acquisition arm of Dallas-based The Staubach Co., as director of development for the Southeast region. Dougherty, who recently served as a real estate representative for Kmart, will work out of the firm's Atlanta office.
- Joanne Podell joined New York-based Cushman & Wakefield's retail services group as senior director. Podell's background includes positions as executive managing director at Newmark New Spectrum and as retail leasing broker at Garrick-Aug Worldwide.
- Encino, Calif.-based Marcus & Millichap promoted Christopher Kostanecki to the position of vice president of investments. Kostanecki, who joined the company in 1988 as a retail sales associate, most recently served as senior director of the firm's national retail group.
- Barry Borsky joined Mount Laurel, N.J.-based Metro Commercial Real Estate as vice president. Borsky's past experience includes stints at Insignia/ESG, Amterra Management and Kravco.
- Kevin Roche, former senior VP of marketing & retail development for LVMH in San Francisco, is the new CEO of North American operations for Columbus, Ohio-based Fitch: Worldwide, an international network of 29 retail design and branding companies. Roche is also former president and CEO of FRCH.
→ For more Industry Pros, visit our website at shoppingcenterworld.com.