— Barron’s reported that GE Capital likely will acquire 100% of Jacksonville, Fla.-based Regency Centers, the nation’s No. 1 owner of grocery-anchored neighborhood and community centers.
GE Capital, a division of General Electric Co., plans to acquire Security Capital Group, which owns a 60% stake in Regency, then acquire the remaining 40% of Regency, the business magazine reported.
Under one scenario, GE Capital would buy the rest of Regency, then fold the company into its joint venture with Kimco Realty Corp.
— Staff and wire reports