Here's a quick rundown of some retail and retail real estate headlines as we head into the weekend.
- Borders has received a new $700 million credit facility that features GE Capital as a co-lender.
- CoStar reports that private equity players are once again sniffing around for commercial real estate acquisition opportunities. It's been a few years since we've seen any private equity buyouts in the sector. But now investors seem to smell an opportunity.
- Urban Outfitters is launching a stand-alone wedding brand in spring 2011. The creative team behind Anthropologie will have a hand in developing the brand.
- Japanese apparel chain Uniqlo is prepping to open a giant store on 's Fifth Ave. It is taking 100,000 square feet that was vacated by Brooks Brothers. The store will be twice as large as a location it opened downtown.
- The New York Post also reported that a bidding war is heating up over Zale Corp.