SNAPSHOTS: Sights and sounds of annual convention Industry pros descended on the Las Vegas Convention Center in droves - some 29,289 attendees to be exact - for this 42nd annual spring gathering. Our photographer Kay Davis also made the trek.
1. The Las Vegas Convention Center teems with busy shopping center executives.
2. Several booths, including Donahue Schriber, had themed characters or robots handing out materials.
3. Many companies, such as Westfield, coordinated their entire presence with their booth - and company color.
4. Trekkies didn't have to go the the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton. The characters came to them.
5. Banana Republic CEO Jeanne P. Jackson explained the Banana success formula at Tuesday's lunch.
6. Hot pretzels from Auntie Anne's and the customary offerings from such retailers as Starbucks and McDonald's proved popular again this year.
7. While the trade expo featured all the usual mall-related product types, there were quite a few booths featuring talking, animated characters.
8. The Panda Express team, like other restaurants in attendance, explained their expansion goals.
9. New ICSC chairman William H. McCabe Jr. (left) is welcomed aboard by outgoing chairman Richard S. Sokolov.
10. Like many developers in themall, The Cafaro Co. sported a palatial booth overflowing with opulence and flowers.